Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mercy!!!

You know when your older brothers just keep pickin on you and wont stop even after you say MERCY! So finally you have to start crying and go to mom to let them know you done and want to be left ALONE. Well that is what I felt like today after going down in my basement to find it in about and inch of water. We had this happen to us one other time about five years ago but the basement wasn't finished and there was nothing down there. So after that time we fixed what was what we thought was the reason it flooded and it hasn't happened again.... until now after its finished. The problem was all the rain last night melted the snow and then there was a thick layer of ice on the east side of our house that doesn't get much sun and when all the water hit that it had no where to go so it just ran to the house then down the foundation in the side of the window buck and eventually into the basement. It's all sucked up and drying out now and Austin is getting supplies to make a draining system. Have you ever heard that saying "When it rains it pours" well I hope this is the end of the storm we've had enough.

7 comments:

Steph said...

Ohhhh that totally sucks!! I am so sorry, I swear that there is no greater stress than a flooded basement!

Hannah said...

David told me about the basement! When I think about David and I, I imagine a little cartoon couple with a constant rain cloud over only them! It's always darkest before dawn...or so they say:) I hope things get better! (and I need my future home to be dry!)

Kandice said...

Oh that's awful! I'm sorry. I hope you get it figured out and get it draining right so you don't have this problem again.

Michelle W. Nate said...

I'm so sorry you had all of that mess. We had trouble Tues. night as well. Arrgh. Hope you get it taken care of and it didn't ruin anything.

Hannah said...

Don't worry about us...we're not afraid of mud! I just hope for the sake of your property things get better!

Hannah said...

my other favorite book is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, it is amazing! I found a photographer in your area that I'm going to have take pictures of David and I after we get there. I won't be holding any photo shoots for a long while!

Bowler Family said...

Hey Vicki, LONG TIME NO SEE!!!! SO fun to see your cute little family!!! I found your blog through Kandace's. I was wanting your email address so I can Give you an invite to mine. cchsbowler@cableone.com

Can't wait to catch up, Camille Johnson Bowler