Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bear With....

WARNING!!! Cheesy material below!
I have been looking all over the house for my journal and it's nowhere to be found. I just keep feeling like I need to write down some things that I have been thinking about latley. I'm not sure why but I have just been extremely HAPPY lately! I will need this post to refer to when I am feelling down. So here it goes. I watch Dr. Phil, Oprah, News, and Glenn Beck, and on these programs you see a lot of families fighting, couples divorcing, and bad cruel things happening in this world and country. It's not just tv either I hear to often of families fueding or mom and dad divorcing in our little town of Preston. I am so happy to know that I love my brothers, sisters, and parents and that they love me. I would do anything for them and I know they would do anything for me. Which wouldn't have happened if we did not have parents that brought us up right! I am greatly in debt to my mom and dad for all that they have sacrificed for me. I feel this debt grow deeper as my children grow older and I realize the HARD work involved with raising a family. I once heard that you pick your parents before you are born? I made the right choice. For had my parents been super "religious" I would not be with my husband today. We started "dating" in the 8th grade and have never been separated since. Austin is another contributing factor to my happenis. (ha ha inside joke) I was raised by my mother and so I always wanted the same for my children. Now it's a reality, I am living what I always wanted too! Like I said I'm just happy lately and I just needed to give credit where credit was due, and that is to my husband, parents, family, and extended family, I just love them all so much and am so lucky to have so many fantastic people around me! I really could go on forever, but I'l hold the extra cheese :)

6 comments:

Michelle W. Nate said...

I think that is really nice! I got your inside joke! :) Anyway, it is wonderful that you recognize the blessings in your life. Family is so important.

Vicki said...

It's a story that steph told me about a little boy that asked his teacher to spell penis and instead of getting mad she said now use that in a sentance for me and and he said I'm trying to spell happiness and I can spell happy just not peni! SO funny

Steph said...

That's awesome Vick. It's so amazing to me how when we are living right, the Lord blesses us with such joy. I too am just absolutely loving life lately. Thanks so much for always being there for us!!! Oh by the way, I would love to take credit for that funny story but Sheila heard it at the dentist office...hehe

Jeff said...

Of course, Sheila is the root of the Penis joke!

Kandice said...

Vicki, you do have a great family. Your parents helped raise me, too, and they are fantastic! I have so many fun memories growing up with you and Jenna, having like a million sleep overs, playing barbies up in the old chicken coop (after we cleaned all the poop out)! Your brothers and sisters were great to me, too. I feel so blessed to have had that childhood and having you and Jenna as my best friends. And you and Austin were made for each other. Love you guys!

Porters said...

Thanks so much for the compliment. I'm so happy that our family is close. You have and continue to bring great joy to us in our lives. You are a wonderful person and deserve every happiness. Love you so much. Mom and Dad