Tuesday, July 5, 2011

AMERICAS BIRTHDAY!

Austin made a great point to me over our Independence holiday. Why do people say happy fourth of July?? We don't say happy 31st of October? We say Happy Halloween. Do people really know why we celebrate the "fourth of July" or do kids just think it's a time we watch fireworks. It's the most important day in every Americans life. The day america denounced itself from the crown and became a free nation. I think many americans take that for granted cause they have never lived under a king. The day the Declaration of Independence was signed. I am proud to be an American and am so grateful for those who risk there lives to keep our nation FREE!

We went on a ride when we got to the top we were surrounded by these wild sunflowers, they were beautiful!!
We also lost Traces' favorite chicken little blacky. Kalie's dog Jaxon is a bird dog and he was in doggie heaven :( Now little Blacky is in chicken Heaven literally.
This was our picnic on top of the mountain. Look there I am with my mouth full :D
And there I am again family shot without Carson, cause he is having a blast up at redfish lake with my mom and dad. We had a fantastic weekend finishing up at bear lake on Monday but you will have to look at those pics on facebook I forgot to take pictures there. Thanks to our friends and fam for hanging with us.

2 comments:

Kandice said...

i saw the picture of that sunflower field on hannah's blog and told her i had to know where that was! she told me it's up past willow flat, need to take a drive up there. it looks beautiful. i'm glad you had such a fun weekend. we are so blessed to live in this free nation.

Kandice said...

and to take firework pictures, i'd have to look at your camera, but if you have a manual mode you can do it.