Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mommie & Daddie

We got to have some of my most favorite people stay with us for only two or three short weeks. They were in between their summer home, Arizona, and camp hosting up at Redfish Lake. We loove it when grandpa and grandma come stay with us. I love this picture on top cause neither I or Austin has EVER been able to get Dayne to fall asleep on our laps like this. It seems all of my boys just love their grandpa. I swear they had only been here days and Dayne was crawling to grandpa instead of me. Maybe it's that soft belly he has to lay on :) I know I loved laying on it when I was a kid.
Grandma Helped us dye easter eggs and got to see what a handful my little Trace is. I think while they were here he wrote with permanent marker on the couch, window, computer desk, trim, wall, bed sheets, then on the couch again with pen. Drew all over the cabinets this time with crayola markers. whew!! Let the chickens loose, and tried to walk to the neighbors house to see the horses. When I say neighbors they're not close like quarter mile to half mile away thats a long ways to find your two year old after hours of looking. But me and my mom have put our finger on his acting up. It's when you wont give him your complete attention no matter what your doing he will get it, even if it's negative.
Any way on to what I was posting about. I miss my mom and dad! Is this ok? Am I a baby? I must confess I hate they're shenanigans right now! It's not cause I'm jealous of them traveling it's because I want them here more than gone. Thats why I stayed here. I want to have my kids grow up with them in there lives. My mom said something while she was here and it applies here. " I learned a long time ago that I can't change other peoples choices" Thats so true. All I can do is make them feel welcome and wanted every time they come and maybe it will shorten there time away??? I love them, and the fact that someday (very far away) I will have to get by without them FREAKS me out. I DON'T WANT TO GROW UP!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

It doesn't make you a baby for wanting your parents here. At least it makes the moments when you are with them that much sweeter :) I miss my parents all the time.

Kandice said...

Nope, you're not a baby! I would miss my parents so much if they were gone as much as your's are. Like Hannah said, when they're home it just makes it that much sweeter. Especially when Dayne falls asleep on your dad's belly Trace colors eggs with your mom!:)