Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our Garden

This is our garden!! With our government spending a billion dollars a second causing food prices to go up and up, we thought a way to help with our costs was to have a garden. Our friendly neighbor Gerald gave us a TON of wood so that helped extremely with the building cost. All we had to buy was 3 bags box garden soil, paint, seeds and the plants. Gerald gave us so much wood we are going to build the kids a play house and Austin a little garden shed. I Love nice people! We planted six tomato plants, red, yellow, green and white onions, Peppers, beans, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, lettuce, okra, cucumbers, watermelon, pumpkins, spaghetti squash, zucchini, yellow squash, and asparagus. So come fall we will have eggs and Vegetables coming out of our ears :) Have I ever said that I love having a man that can build or do anything!!!



2 comments:

Hannah said...

Was it Gerald's wood or Johns??? hahaha Gerald has plenty to spare anyway!

Kandice said...

That looks awesome!! I would be terrified that I would kill everything you planted, but I don't have anything close to a green thumb. Love you!